Australian Sports Museum Reopens
Last updated: 19 November 2021
The Australian Sports Museum and MCG Tours will return from 10:00am AEST, Saturday November 20, following the Victorian Government’s announcement on the easing of restrictions.
The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC), as managers of the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) and the Australian Sports Museum, is committed to taking all of the necessary precautions outlined by the Government and health authorities in relation to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Tickets are now available to be pre-booked online here.
Our COVIDSafe plan highlights that our highest priority is to ensure the continued health and safety of visitors and staff. We have implemented measures which support physical distancing, increased personal hygiene and cleaning in line with the latest Victorian Government and Department of Health and Human Services guidelines. This means that all communal or shared equipment within the museum will be disinfected and cleaned between every use.
View Australian Sports Museum & MCG Tours COVIDSafe Plan
When visiting the Australian Sports Museum and/or taking a MCG Tour, we ask that you abide by the Rules of Play so we can stay safe together:
- QR Code: All attendees will be required to check-in upon entry to the MCG via Gate 3, using the displayed QR code via the Service Victoria app and bring up their COVID-19 digital certificate to display to MCG staff at the entrance gate in one of two ways:
– Scan the QR code outside the entrance gate using the Services Victoria App on your smart device
– Show their COVID-19 digital certificate in the same smart wallet on their device
For patrons without a smart device, they will be required to provide a printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or Immunisation History statement, which can be used as evidence of vaccination.
- Clean hands! Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene by washing your hands regularly and using the hand sanitiser stations and wipes provided throughout the museum and on the tour route.
- Protect the head. Following the current Victorian Government restrictions, face masks will no longer be required inside the Australian Sports Museum and on a MCG Tour. However, please ensure you are carrying one to wear if unable to maintain a 1.5m distance.
- Stay at least a couple of cricket bats apart. Please remain at least 1.5m apart from anyone who isn’t in your household. Please follow the floor targets to assist in physical distancing.
- Know when it’s time to bow out. If you, or an immediate family member appears to be unwell and is showing known symptoms of COVID-19 – including cough, chills or sweats, sore throat and/or shortness of breath – you will need to reschedule the experience for another time.
The Game On Gallery is an interactive space where you can put your own skills to the test. The Rules of Play will be enforced to ensure the maximum safety and wellbeing of all our guests. Two staff members will be inside the gallery to ensure all interactive and shared equipment is sanitised after every use.
Have a question before your visit?